Re: [Amps] EIMAC (8877 TYPE)

To: Doug Renwick <ve5ra@sasktel.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] EIMAC (8877 TYPE)
From: George Cortez Jr <ne2i@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2007 18:39:24 -0500
Here Here!
Lou W1QJ helped me out with my non working SB1000 conversion and got it going
for me without hesitation. I met him at the HVCDX summer party and he really was
very knowledgeable on on these amplifiers. What a super guy!

George NE2I

Doug Renwick wrote:
I found K2XTs testimonial of Lou, W1QJ, to be an
inspiration.
On all the reflectors that I subscribe to, there is an
abundance of misinformation.  We all come biased.  It is
obviously important to be able to separate the theory, myths
or crap from the jewels of information.  I continually
support my philosophy by the experience factor.  'Experience
trumps theory every time.'  We should learn from the
experience of others.  Also remember, what worked for one
person at their QTH my not necessarily work for you.
Whether it be on the Amps, Tower Talk, Top Band, 1000MP,
ic756proIII, or other reflectors, there is a lot of good
advice.  Keep up the reporting of different experiences so
we can all come to a better understanding.

Doug/VA5DX