Re: [Amps] Bad tubes from ebay, update

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Bad tubes from ebay, update
From: "Rick Stealey" <rstealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 17:14:19 +0000
I did some investigating on exland on eBay.  I have found feedback ratings
of less than 99% or so are
very bad so when I see 95% for exland it would make me really think twice
about doing business with him.  Here's why:
Many people (me included) will not write a negative feedback on someone.
The only advantage I see in doing that is an attempt to get even with the
guy or possibly use it as a threat if you are still in negotiation.  And I
see that exland does not give feedback until he receives it.  In my opinion
a seller should give positive feedback as soon as the buyer pays for the
purchase.  But many sellers do not - they wait to see if they get negative
feedback.  Then they give negative feedback in return.  So if you were a
buyer who was unhappy and you give neg feedback, voila! a day later you have
your first negative feedback, and you are perfectly innocent.  Read exlands
feedback history and see where he got negatives, and then go look at the
customers feedback and you will see innocent customers got zinged by exland.
  I have a 100% positive score on eBay, and I would rather have it stay 100%
than get in a urinating contest with a seller like exland.  eBays feedback
system is very heavily flawed.  If it was a fair system, exlands score would
probably be much lower because cowards like me would give him the real
rating he deserves.
But discussions, and revealing the truth as in this forum are very valuable,
and readers should benefit from them.  I know I do and I thank you guys for
bringing your stories out.
73
Rick  K2XT