Re: [Amps] How best to reduce filament voltage?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] How best to reduce filament voltage?
From: "Steve Cook" <sccook1@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2007 09:53:17 -0700
Team,

Did anyone suggest using a length of 22ga Teflon wire to run voltage from the
filament winding to the tube sockets.  I used this method in both of my TL-922A
Kenwood amps.  Just trim the wires until the voltage at the tube sockets is
where you want it (circa ~4.9V).

The wire runs barely warm to the touch and will not harm adjacent wiring in any
way.  I have run my 3-500z class amps in this way for years with zero problems.

Steve (WG7K)