[Amps] reducing filament oltage

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] reducing filament oltage
From: gdaught6@stanford.edu
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 09:34:51 -0800
Regarding W2CQM's question regarding reducing filament voltage:  his
transformer is a single unit supplying filament, anode, and
bias/control voltages.  If a resistor is put in the primary of the
transformer, it will reduce ALL of the voltages.  Let's see, from 6
volts down to 5 volts is about 16%.  I wouldn't want to reduce my
anode voltage by 16%, AND screw up the "stiffness" of the anode
supply!

I vote for the low resistance, high wattage series resistor in the
filament line circuit.  A couple of good suggestions along those
lines have been made.

However, the only vote that really counts is Ron's!  8>)

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT