Re: [Amps] FL-2100 Grid Metering

To: <amps@contesting.com>, "VE6TI" <ve6ti@telus.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] FL-2100 Grid Metering
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 07:45:39 -0500
> increases the
> grid current.  I could easily exceed 100 ma with a
> relatively small
> amount of added loading.  I have read several comments
> that one
> should advance the loading beyond maximum power output to
> reduce the
> grid current, however in this case the opposite is
> occurring.
> Perhaps this is why Yaesu did not include grid metering
> and advises
> dip and load for max plate current provided that it does
> not exceed
> 0.5 A.

I think you have that backwards Gordon.  :-)

When you use less capacitance you are INCREASING loading, or

When you use more capacitance you are decreasing the

Over loading or over coupling or increasing the loading past
the optimum coupling point will always reduce grid current.
Under loading or under coupling or decreasing coupling will
always increase grid current and is tough on the amplifier
tank components.

73 Tom