Re: [Amps] General question on filament life

To: "Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] General question on filament life
From: "Gary Myers" <garymyers@powerc.net>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 11:40:41 -0700
 Boy - butchered that message (that is what I get for burning
the
 candle at both ends)... hopefully the message was understood.
 What reduction in life of a set of tubes would one get if they
 left the amp on for 12 - 15 hours per day most every day vs.
 turning it on and off multiple times.

 your CONSIDERED comments are appreciated.

 g.

:
:
: Anyone have a feel for what life one might get out of a set of
: tubes if they left it on for say 12 hours a day most every
day?
: Is this "better" than cycling power say 3 times each day ... I
: realize these are just "general" numbers... but would like to
: get some thought from the educated. It has been stated that
: cycling it is not good - but without details of what excessive
: is this is somewhat lacking in true info. Tom ('JI) had said
: that filaments are rarely the problem... is there any other
: downside to just leaving it on? [The amp in particular would
be
: either using 3CX800's or 4CX800's - Titan vs. Acom2000A]
:
: thanks for your considerate comments.
:
: Gary