[Amps] resistor tspa

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] resistor tspa
From: "John T. M. Lyles" <jtml@lanl.gov>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 13:05:46 -0700
John,
Nice call.

You can find noninductive high voltage resistors from Caddock and
EBE, but they aren't really noninductive to higher frequencies. Ditto
for Dale. However, you can get real noninductive resistors from
Altronics in Arkansas, that they use in their dummy loads and also in
snubber networks. These are BIG resistors though. They use thin film
deposited on a ceramic tube. The standard for RF and noninductive
applications, although the tolerence isn't great, is Kanthal Globar.
Used to be Cesiwid, before that Carborundum Corp. These aren't cheap,
but they are solid resistor (or a tube) made of bulk resistive
material. You can get leaded for lower power or clip in that work in
fuse clips or fancy finger stock caps for high power. Type SP and AS
are the two compositions they will sell you. They aren't cheap (as
none of these companies are) so bring lots of money, or check
hamfests, as you can usually find small globars in the cigar box
sales on tables.

73
John
K5PRO