[Amps] Transformers Chokes for sale

To: "'Amps'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Transformers Chokes for sale
From: "Robert B. Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 15:47:09 -0600
I have 6 single phase 60 cycle power transformers and choke combos for sale.
The devices are manufactured by Magnetran and were removed from RF Power
Products power supplies.  These particular units powered an 8877.

The transformer core is: 8.375" High x 9" wide x 3" thick the whole
transformer is 7.5" thick.

The choke core is: 6.25" High x 7.5" wide x 3.5" thick the whole choke is
7.25" wide about 30% physically larger than a Henry 8K choke.

The Primary taps are 240 - 208 - Plus 10 - 0 - Minus 10.

The secondary is 3000V (1500-0-1500 center tapped) without load at 240V
input. You can vary the voltage within reason using the plus - minus taps.

I do not know the choke's actual value however is is about 75% of the
main transformer's size.    The estimated curent ability of these
componants is 1AMP CCS.

I dont have a scale handy here however I estimate the transformer at 45#,
the choke around 30#

The power supplies were supposed to provide 2500-2700V to power the
amplifier section of the unit.  I have played with the combo and have made
NICE solid 2500-3000V at an Ampere by selecting various taps.

If you choose to not utilize the choke, considerable voltage is available.
However these transformers BEST UTILIZE the choke as designed.  These would
make a killer 3-500, 3CX800 or almost any medium voltage high current tube a
fine power supply.  Just the thing to soup up that L4B for RTTY or
contesting.  I would like $250 per set FOB Sioux Falls, SD.  See my website
for phone or email.  BOB DD