Re: [Amps] Getting rid of blower noise

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Getting rid of blower noise
From: PlanerGuy@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 03:55:02 EST
Something simple perhaps...?  I use a headset/microphone that was designed
for the aviation
Industry.  It's a Sennheiser HMD 414.  It was recommended for clear
communications in high
background noise environments. Sennheiser had a number of models listed.
I paid a whopping  $15 from a surplus outfit. Nearly all of the horrible
noise of the blower's in
either of my Henrys just goes away.  I'm also told that the audio quality is
right there with the Heil.

I use the Heil 99% of the time, and the headset when running an amp.

Or - Build a soundproof vault to transmit from, with your cabling exiting via
an acoustic labyrinth
designed to resonate in the subsonic region where the blower noise will be
effectively damped
by 1/4 wave bends, and......

Actually, I'll bet the headset is your best option.

Just a thought for you.

73'  Kevin  KC8GIA