Re: [Amps] Getting rid of blower noise

To: "Manfred Mornhinweg" <mmornhin@gmx.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Getting rid of blower noise
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 07:18:36 -0800
I have another suggestion - or more correctly called "fighting noise with
noise".

WARNING:  this is one of those ideas that would come out after a few hams
with big amplifiers were sitting around during the low sunspot cycle
imbibing, and is not based upon research or special knowledge:

Since big amplifiers need air and air movement necessarily makes noise, one
approach would be to simply make the noise invisible by picking up the noise
and generating out of phase noise to cancel out the actual noise generated.
What you cannot hear would not be objectionable.  In aircraft, we use noise
candelling microphones and headsets.  The announcers at noisy events speak
into the microphone with almost no interference from the loud noise at the
event.

So, what we need are noisy fans which generate anti-noise.

Colin  K7FM