Re: [Amps] drive power

To: g8gsq@eltac.co.uk, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] drive power
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:37:05 EDT
Some years ago a couple of contester friends of mine who were running the
Icom 781 (don't remember the # but it was the top of the line radio then) They
both were running Aplha amps using tetrodes I believe.  The amps only
required like 30 watts of drive, so they had to back the drive level back on
the
Icom radios.  More often than not the Alpha amps would trip off on high  grid
current due to overshoot of the Icom radio.  They both had the same  problem
and
the both called Icom.  Icom denied that the radios had any  overshoot
problems.  It was a night mare for these guys.  All I  remember was they were
really
angry.  Don't know the final result, but that  is what I remembered.  Lou