Re: [Amps] 230v wiring question

To: "'Clint Talmadge'" <unclebudd@bellsouth.net>,"'Mike McCarthy, W1NR'" <lists@w1nr.net>,"'Jim Brown'" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 230v wiring question
From: "Robert Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:16:20 -0500
Well here's more bad advice.  SO stop it.

YOU DON'T NEED three conductors plus ground for a 220 Circuit to power your
amplifier.

UNLESS you live in some wacked out community that requires a neutral above
and beyond NEC.

You cannot terminate a white wire to ground inside a piece of equipment. It
is not a ground it is a neutral so on a TL-922 there is NO PLACE FOR A
NEUTRAL.

The reason your STOVE has 4 wires (3 conductors + ground) is it has a
neutral to run for the 120V outlets on the backsplash, it's called a
MULTI-WIRE connection.  It is a special application.  It has a neutral buss
inside.  It runs on 120V and 220V.

Walk into home depot and look at available 220 outlets & Plugs you will see
all sorts of them for different installations, 3 and 4 wire.

He needs only his nice run of 12/2 and a 2 pole 20 amp breaker, and a 20 amp
220 outlet and a bunch of NM connectors and a box...  a way to blow holes in
floor joices a few staples and a roll of black tape... Nothing more.  There
needs to be no more discussion, no more bad or half baked advice, this has
been covered 62,000 times here and every time all the amateur electricians
come out to play.

I came across a note on BOB VILA'S website and it said, YOU BEST CALL AN
ELECTRICIAN, WORKING IN A SERVICE PANEL IS DANGEROUS.

http://www.naffainc.com/x/CB2/Elect/Romex.htm

Here's all about Romex.

Maybe it's time to actually study the NEC for a while before giving wiring
advice???? Slap Slap SLAP

BOB DD