[Amps] 230 v wiring

To: "Amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 230 v wiring
From: "c." <carlseye@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:22:02 -0400
          With all due respect , and considering  all the sense and
nonsense that has gone on here, I think I'll ask for at least 3 , maybe
4 , estimates and current requirements (locally) to run a "decent" line
to my "shack" (aka spare room at the moment) !!! for a 220 line since I
sometimes would like to run an amp on 220 ( + or - ) !!!!   And yes,
most of the amps I work on can run on 110 /220 ( of course that's the
old (??) rating. !!! I don't run amps on an antenna very much but it's
nice to know my ant. can take it if needed.!!!
          mostly repairing them ( the old ones )
                 carl / kz5ca
     P.S. from my main box to my shack must be at least 50 , maybe 60
feet, because I'm on the opposite end of the house, and on 120 +- I get
about a 5-6 volt drop in input voltage from no load to full load.!! (min)