[Amps] rfi

To: "Amps@contesting.com" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] rfi
From: "c." <carlseye@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 15:25:42 -0400
      These last few (4) items , re: 813 amps, are nothing new , but I
was anyway amused by them!!!  This RFI thing has been a thorn in the
side of "thousands" or more hams over the years.   Thankfully , it isn't
the biggest thorn today, but still something to be reckoned with.!!
      Way back in the late 60's my brother (RIP) was a ham, and he had
installed a heathkit garage door opener. He was going crazy with the
problem, until one day he mentioned it to me in a conversation on 20
mtrs.!!( I was in the canal zone at the time ).!!   It took some doing
to explain it all , but in the end I solved his problem.!! ( a lot of
this was due to my previous experience with RFI on 160 and 80 mtrs )
       anyway, I thought just maybe someone might be interested in the
       I hope you all have a good day !!!!!!!!
      carl / kz5ca