Re: [Amps] Bird wattmeter

To: <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Bird wattmeter
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 16:42:26 -0400
Hi Peter,

I saw somewhere that the meter resistance is supposed to be 1400 ohms. The
ones I have measure 1399, 1406 and 1393 ohms.

The 1399 ohm meter reads about 10% low with 30 microamps thru it.
The 1406 ohm meter reads about 5%  low with 30 micromaps thru it.
The other meter is way out in left field.

In one meter that I opened up it had a 200 ohm resistor in series with the
movement.

73
Gary K4FMX