Re: [Amps] Bird wattmeter

To: "'Harold Mandel'" <hmandel@barantelecom.com>,<helge.skram@c2i.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Bird wattmeter
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 16:58:24 -0400
While I appreciate your input, let's be sure we are all on the same page
here.
Just because a meter has a digital readout dial doesn't make it any more
accurate than a regular analogue type meter. Although I haven't yet looked
at the array solutions meter, they may in fact be a superb instrument. But
to say that they are superior because they "pride themselves on calibration
and military spec instruments says little about them. After all Bird has
been supplying the military many tons of their meters for many years and the
fact that the military no longer only buys mil spec equipment means that
they can buy about anything out there, and I know first hand that they do
buy plenty of non mil spec equipment.

The meter movements for a bird 43 are ALL 30 microamp that I am aware of.
Yes they do use other movements for other wattmeters but let's not confuse
the question about the 43 wattmeter movement.

73
Gary K4FMX