Re: [Amps] Bird wattmeter

To: "'Steve Thompson'" <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Bird wattmeter
From: "Gary Schafer" <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2007 17:02:26 -0400
The one 43 meter movement that I opened up had a 200 ohm resistor in series
with the movement. That particular meter reads way low, 20 to 30% low and
doesn't seem to have a sticking problem. It was removed from a bird 43 when
a new replacement was put in.

The other two bird 43 meters that I have, one reads about 10% low and the
other about 5% low with 30 microamps applied to the meter.

I am wondering what would cause them to read that low.

73
Gary  K4FMX