Re: [Amps] Power factor and choke vs resonant-choke input supplies

To: "'Amps Amps'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Power factor and choke vs resonant-choke input supplies
From: "Robert Bonner" <rbonner@qro.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 12:12:49 -0500
Ah, take it easy on him Keith, we were all kids at one point and have stupid
tails to tell.  Two guys I know are missing an arm from their experiences.
I just have this weird tick...  Tick... Tick... from me riding the
lightning.

Blowing holes in your stuff is completely normal.

Like the tee shirt says...  If you don't limp, you ain't ***t

BWaaaaHAHAHAHAHAH

Seriously Tom, do you know why the VOLTAGE peaks like that?  I would think
the resonance of a correctly resonated circuit would just block the ripple.
I don't follow why there would be a spike as it is forming a parallel
resonant circuit.  Do we see this effect in RF parallel circuits like when
used as a trap?

I do realize if the choke did it on its own, you would actually PEAK the
ripple.

Is this some other effect and the rumor just runs rampant through the ham
ranks?  We realize you just about got yur ass blown off, but I'm not
following the reason.  Have you tried to duplicate the experiment?  Maybe it
really didn't happen that way and the explosion was really you being
teleported to a parallel universe and back by aliens. That happens to me all
the time so I know it is possible. AHAHAHA  DD