Re: [Amps] Relais for an antenna crossover switch

To: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Relais for an antenna crossover switch
From: "Guido Tedeschi" <guidoted@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 11:48:42 +0200
Thanks to all for the answers.

The things are changed, because now I have twelve SPST W2W vacuum
relais like this:
http://tinyurl.com/37uv8r

So, I changed my schematic to this one, with only six 30A relais
instead of 12 and which is also safe for the radios.
The new schematic is this:
http://www.hamlan.org/maco/macosafe.pdf

I opened the 30A relay and I took some pictures, take a look:
http://www.hamlan.org/maco/668290120000_1.jpg
http://www.hamlan.org/maco/668290120000_2.jpg
http://www.hamlan.org/maco/668290120000_3.jpg

It seems that there are some good and bad things:
1) short wide leads to contacts
2) the spacing between contacts and/or coil seems good
3) the contacts area seems not so large, especially the NC contacts
(but I will use two in parallel)
4) when the coil is energized, the moving contact press the NO fixed
contact using only its elastic force (not pressed by the armature)
5) when the coil is not energized, the moving contact press the NC
fixed contact using the elastic force of the armature (it is pressed
by the released armature)

I searched for "relay" on towertalk (very good mailing list, I will
subscribe also to that one!) and I found many very interesting
messages (many from Tom) about relais and RF.

Tom, what kind of error you have opening my links?

Thank you very much to all.
Ciao and 73
Guido, ik2bcp