[Amps] Re-2: Henry 3K Classic stby. Input Power?

To: sm0aom@telia.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Re-2: Henry 3K Classic stby. Input Power?
From: dl4seq@amsat.org
Date: 28 Jun 2007 07:26:45 UT
Thank you all for the answers!
I could explain about 400w idle but forgot the 200w from the bleeders. I find
that quite a lot. Is it wise to increase the value of the resistors or is it
better to keep them and be lucky of a warm shack in winter (and a sweaty op in
summer...)?

Karl-Arne: First I measured the ac input with a very cheap "pliers-amp-meter"
(hope this is the correct translation) and u x i gave me about 800w ac input.
The second measure was with a adaptor for the ac line that took care of
cos(phi) giving the more realistic 600w.

Anyway I enjoy the amp (especially when looking at my new and unused Eimac
3cx1200a7 as a spare part in the shelf ;-)

73's
Markus, DL4SEQ.