Re: [Amps] tubes??

To: <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>, "c s" <carlseye@verizon.net>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] tubes??
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 09:12:56 -0400
The 572B was originally the Taylor T160L but Taylor was on the way out and
Cetron took over. There are several conflicting stories of the business
politics involved.

Since AM was in a steep decline Cetron shopped the tube for RF use,
capturing Heathkit, Dentron and Hunter as early OEM's; others followed
including Yaseu. It was private labled for Hunter. Im sure some OT's
remember the Hunter Bandit 2000?

Since it has been around for 45 years or so I'd say it has enjoyed a long
and popular life in RF service and more recently as an output tube for
audiophiles.

Carl
KM1H