Re: [Amps] ALPHAs and momentary power outages

To: "'David Cutter'" <d.cutter@ntlworld.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] ALPHAs and momentary power outages
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:35:48 -0400
Alternatively, one might use a "UPS" that transferred only
when power was off (technically a standby power supply).  The
"alarm" output could then be used to interrupt the PTT line to
the amplifier so the amp would drop to standby if mains were
to drop.

Of course the UPS would need to be capable of 240 volts - not
the typical 120 volt computer UPS here in the US.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV