Re: [Amps] Power outrages (sic)

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Power outrages (sic)
From: Patrick <flymooney@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 02:26:25 +0000
David J Windisch wrote:
> Fellas, it's a didididit dadadah dadididit dadididit dadidadah dadidadidadah
>
> dadadididit didididadah
>
> dadidit didah didididah dit    dadit didididadah dididit dit

   Just because it is a hobby does not mean you cannot take a
professional attitude towards it if you desire. Some people enjoy
pushing themselves and their knowledge to the extreme while others are
content to just know and do enough to get by. We need both. The extreme
people to push the boundaries and limits of the hobby and the "content
with the status quo" to keep it interesting to everyone else who does
not care.

   I do not have enough time to do lots of experimenting and building
but I do enjoy reading and expanding my knowledge from everyone on this
list. I have learned a lot of things from the "power generators" thread,
let alone all of the other things that get posted and discussed. Even
some of the theory that goes a little over my head helps to remind me
that I do not know everything. :-)   But I am glad there are those in
this hobby that take the area of their expertise seriously and even
better, let us neophytes glean a bit of knowledge from them instead of
us trying to "reinvent the wheel" every time. If sometimes the
discussion gets heated or a little "dry" with theory and "what ifs", I
am glad and thankful that these guys still take the time to share their
knowledge and experience with the rest of us for free.

Patrick Riggins KA4ZNU