Re: [Amps] SB-200 DATA

To: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, <Gudguyham@aol.com>,<amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200 DATA
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 22:48:34 -0400
The point that I have been proving for almost 40 years is that the SB-200 is
an excellent candidate for 6M. Dollars per watt it is the best deal around
and a preferred choice by many who do not want to install a 240VAC line into
the shack. The 572B's work fine and last a long time which is really what
its all about.

Since the output and efficiency is comparable with mid HF I doubt if 50 MHz
is actually that close to the upper limit. I suspect that it is an
arbitrarily set number.

There certainly is no magic to making sweep tubes work on 6M either. Ive
converted several 2-3 tubeCB amps. There was an engineer at National that
converted many NCX-3's to 6M also so the precedence was set over 40 years
ago.
And dont forget the Drake TR-6 using 3 6JB6's; it worked very well and is
still a sought after rig.

Carl
KM1H