Re: [Amps] SB-200 DATA

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200 DATA
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 18:05:50 -0700
DD wrote:

> That's the same way I look at SB-200's.  It's a shriveled up dried out
> fish...

Hi Bob

I guess it is all how you look at things.

I have a SB-200 and like it very much.  Gives me 500-600 watts out full
bore.  No problems tuning on any band.  Dunno what else I could ask of an
amp.  Think I paid $275 for it.  If the tubes go bad, I can replace them for
$150 compared to $500 to $1000 a pop for big tubes.

Guess an Alpha Super Duper 1001 would give me more power, autotune, but more
power I don't need and takes me about 3 seconds to tune the amp.   I like
running around 500 watts-keeps the neighbors and the wifey happy.  So, all I
need is a SB-200 to keep me smiling!!   To each his own I guess--that's the
great thing about ham radio.  73
Tom W7WHY