Re: [Amps] Grid Dipping the Pi network in a new amp?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Grid Dipping the Pi network in a new amp?
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:05:48 +0100
STEVEN & NANCY FRAASCH wrote:
> Bob:
>
> The antenna analyzer SHOULD have a source impedance of ~50 ohms.  If it
> didn't it would cause a reflection (or possibly reduce or cancel a
> reflection) if it presents an odd conjugate condition other than 50 ohms real.
Is that necessary here? If you hang a resistor on the anode to represent
the wanted load resistance, then the pi network transforms that so that
you see 50 ohms looking into the antenna socket. I think the source
impedance of the instrument measuring the 50ohms doesn't matter.

Steve

PS the other day you said we all make mistakes. My turn yesterday - I
was mad at someone after a phone call, and a moment's inattention put
150W up the input of my network analyser. First time in 30 years.