Re: [Amps] DRAKE L-4B upgrades/start up

To: sanorm@columbus.rr.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] DRAKE L-4B upgrades/start up
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:38:28 EDT

In a message dated 7/28/2007 11:57:53 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
sanorm@columbus.rr.com writes:

Plan to  bring it up on a variac ( its wired for 220).  Curious as
opinions on  how long it should sit at reduced voltage.

Norm,  I've done this many times,  I use a variac and I bring the  voltage up
to about 500Vdc for about 2 mins, then let it bleed down.  Then  up to 1000
for 2 mins, then let it bleed down, then up to 1500 and then bleed  down.  The
up and bleed down reforms the caps. You can do this in  about 10 mins thats
all.  Lou