Re: [Amps] 1625SS

To: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 1625SS
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 13:19:23 -0400
Somewhere in my archives (the one between my ears) I remember reading that
the ARC -5/SCR series of transmitters were designed in the mid 30's (1937
comes to mind). It wouldnt have been in QST of the era I'm sure but
someplace that had a history of the TX and RX used in WW2.

With RCA announcing the 1625 in 2/41 QST it was already anticipated that the
US would be entering the war and we were already providing fighter aircraft
to Britain by way of Canada such as the P38 which started production in 1939
and had the ARC-5.

Carl
KM1H