[Amps] LK 500 ZA heat

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] LK 500 ZA heat
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 22:00:20 -0400
> In a message dated 8/15/2007 9:17:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
> w8ji@contesting.com writes:
>
> What you  find is the people who don't really know what the
> problem was blame a  parasitic and say "that's common with
> xxx amplifier" while the people who  do understand the system
> say "mine never had that  problem".
>

> And this opens up a niche market for voodoo magic remedies.  The
> parasitic
> elixir. Lou

It must be a profitable venture just like snake oil was to the uneducated
masses of the 19th century.
I get many amps in here for repair that have that junk installed. The first
thing I do is remove it and then work at fixing the true source of the
problem.

Back in the 80's QST published Rich's "parasitic" article. I called Eimac
and asked an engineer his opinion about a year after it was published as I
had an Alpha 77DX on the bench; the owner had asked me to install the kit
that he brought with him as well as fix the amp. The Eimac engineers comment
was "Richard Measures is probably responsible for the destruction of more
8877's than all other causes combined" .  I considered that a positive
statement not subject to interpetation or spin.

Carl
KM1H