Re: [Amps] SB-200 circuit breaker

To: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200 circuit breaker
From: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@air-pipe.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 20:39:37 -0700
Tom, I once had a similar problem with my air conditioner, it would run for
several minutes and then the breaker would kick out. I was ready to think
about replacing the compressor when a maintenance man at work suggested that
I measure the actual current to be sure the breaker was not bad. They have
riveted joints in them and can develope increased IR drop with age. He
loaned me his clip on ammeter and, sure enough the current thru the breaker
was less than its rating when it kicked out. Replaced the breaker and
everything OK then.
73, Dan, N5AR