Re: [Amps] Silicon rubber chimneys

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Silicon rubber chimneys
From: gdaught6@stanford.edu
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 16:22:56 -0700
On 29 Aug 2007 at 15:50, Andy Pfeiffer wrote:

> Anybody know the type of high temperature silicon rubber used for
> chimneys?
> What is the glue they use to form the chimneys?

I bought the 1/16" stuff from McMaster-Carr.  One sheet without
adhesive, and one sheet with adhesive.  I made the chimney out of the
non-adhesive stuff, and made an adhesive strip "bandaid" to apply to
the joint to hold the chimney in the proper shape.  So far, so good.

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT
See you in the California QSO Party (CQP)
October 6-7, 2007