Re: [Amps] crossmodulation in PA ?

To: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>,"Nils Petter Pedersen" <la7sl@online.no>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] crossmodulation in PA ?
From: "Pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 13:17:44 -0700
And another one showed up here - My top tower bearing is made of oak so the
mast out of the rotor is only "grounded " thru the rotator. I chased BC
intermod for a few weeks until one day I happened to notice that if I cycled
the rotor brake (HAM IV) -lo and behold the imod would disappear some times.

I had done what you suggested and probed around all the guy wire joints
etc - and did find some very weak rectifcation from my transmitter at a
couple thimbles - but nothing from BC. (I was also looking for external
generation of TVI on CH 3 when I was on 15 meters !)

But bottom line the big BC imod culprit was rectification in the rotor -
probably breaking down a thin film of grease in the bearings. A jumper from
top bell housing to bottom cured that ! (Also  explained why my "top loading
" was variable ) When I do my next maintenance and re-install - I will do
the jumper at the top of the tower.

 73 de Hank K7HP