[Amps] 6 mtrs:

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] 6 mtrs:
From: "c.s." <carlseye@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 17:27:45 -0400
     I have been seeing several messages here lately relating to 6 mtr.
conversions of SB200 type amps to 6 mtrs . using (purportedly) 572B type
tubes.!!! This may very well be as advertised, BUT, I am Very curious as
to HOW the tubes that are advertised as being good only to 30 mcs.
(oop-s) 30 mhz. are being "coerced" into working at 6 mtrs.!!!!
         I'm not the world's greatest at this stuff ( any more) , But it
is indeed very interesting to know how all this is happening.!!! I'm
sure there are those among us who wonder how this is being accomplished.!!!!
        If those who know are afraid to tell us ( meatheads?) it doesn't
seem to me  that they are indeed "Hams" in the purest sense of the
word.!!!!!  If they are NOT hams , they seemining don't belong on this
list.!!!!!
        I for one have many problems with the SB200's ( 572B's) even at
30 mcs(oops) 30 mhz!!!  The stability of an SB 200 is in my mind, at
least questionable at 30 MHZ.!!!!!!!
        At least that is what I've run into , and I have never (that I
can recall) had any useful answers, Though I've asked before.!!!
         Anybody involved got any useful answers????????????
                  carl / kz5ca