Re: [Amps] IMD

To: <Gudguyham@aol.com>, <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] IMD
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 06:36:56 -0700
"AT highways speeds 55-70MPH you are  probably using
less than a third of the total HP.  I guess it is kinda the  same thing
HUH?"

I disagree.  There is a local ham who, during calls to dx stations, runs his
amp into a region above where he should.  It is those peaks that cause
terrible buckshot.  If the amplifier is tested at 600 watts, and the
distortion level is rated at that level, then that is all it should be rated
at - period.    Any power output above guaranteed linearity is worthless.

Colin  K7FM