Re: [Amps] No lids, no kids, no . . .

To: Amps <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] No lids, no kids, no . . .
From: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@roadrunner.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 21:23:47 -0400
jeremy-ca wrote:
> Mike was a riot and as many knew it was mostly an act.
>
> Another character was a Stanley from CT but I forget his call.
> Those were the days of my Viking I and HQ-129X which have recently been
> cloned here.
>
> Carl
> KM1H

Ah yes. Stanley K1SJ. Used to sit on 3801 and talk to his sycophants.
Clobbered the hell out of the top of the Dx window. Fortunately, I
had a pair of phased verticals at the time and was able to work the
stronger Europeans through his signal. Used to drive him nuts! In
fact some have jokingly accused me of accelerating his demise. I
saw his 3CX2500 amp for sale at the Deerfied Hamfest. So much for
his protestations of running legal power. RIP Stanley...you are
not missed.

73, Roger

--
Remember the USS Liberty (AGTR-5)