[Amps] Hi-potting

To: "Amps" <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Hi-potting
From: "Jim Tonne" <tonne@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 15:24:25 -0500
There was a recent question from Barrie, W7ALW,
about hi-potting.  I asked engineer friend Paul Lynas
at Continental Electronics about that and posted his
reply.  Here is an additional response from Paul:

==================================

I checked the EIMAC/CPII web site, and in the "library" section is a
note on hi-potting and testing large tubes.  They are probably not
thinking as small as the 8874/3cx400a7, but the techniques still apply.
Check the web site

 http://www.cpii.com/docs/related/22/mkt039.pdf

There are also a few more interesting articles at the site.

Concerning the 8874, the max recommended anode voltage is about 2kv, so
do-not-exceed hipot would be about 4kv.  On the grid, I would not go
above 500 volts.

Regards,
Paul Lynas