[Amps] Das Fat Lady Has Begun To Sing

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Das Fat Lady Has Begun To Sing
From: OTAKEBI@aol.com
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 15:07:21 EST
I hear the distant sound of an overweight lady singing at the Yaesu  amateur
radio division.
Her next singing engagement will be at Kenwood.
Icom will not let her audition nor will Ten Tec or  Elecraft
No company has ever made a profit in amateur radio.
Most do other things to make money.
They build for amateurs because they want to.
Usually because a person at the top is a HAM.
But, look on the bright side.
We can go back to building our own and doing our own repairs.
Oh, wait some of us can.
If we build a product that works well it could cause a radio company  to be
born.
That company will continue to sell to HAMS as long as the top guy,  an
amateur, that probably has another business in the main part of the  plant,
that
sells toasters, stays in charge.
The rigs won't be as fancy but we can still talk on them.
We may even have to go back to CW.
What we need to do is to support the companies that back us up.
Buy Icom, Ten Tec and Elecraft.
Dan/ N4VET