Re: [Amps] SB-200 and SB-220 meters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-200 and SB-220 meters
From: David G4FTC <g4ftc@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 19:36:13 +0000
 > Lou wrote in part:> > > I have not been able to replicate the meter scales
 > at least so that the > > light can shine through the meter scale. > > and> >
 > > Also if anyone knows how to replicate a > > scale for such meter, I would
 > be interested in discussing it with you.> > Count me in on the scale upgrade
 > information too! I have a Johnson > Ranger meter I would dearly like to put
 > a new (non-faded) retro scale > on.> > - Jim WB6BLD

I haven't tried this but the following may work.

Firstly you need to buy some polyester (mylar) drafting film which can be used
in a laser printer. This is sold not only for drafting but also for producing
films for making PCBs with a UV light box. The polyester film is semi
transparent and when printed the blacks are totally opaque.

Then simply scan the original meter face, touch up using photoshop, and print
onto the polyester film.

The only problem is that the film is fairly thin - but I think it may be rigid
enough for the job.

Regards

David G4FTC