[Amps] [AMPS] Drake L-4 negative grid current reading on meter

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] [AMPS] Drake L-4 negative grid current reading on meter
From: "Kevin G. Wagner" <w2fa@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 12:52:41 -0500
All,

    I'm having a problem with my Drake L-4 amplifier. A few weeks ago
the .082 resister blew because one of the cap's let go in the power
supply. I replaced all the cap's, diodes and the .082 resister in the
power supply and whet to check out the amp. When I turned it on I
have a negative grid current reading on the meter. It slams to the
left at rest and when I key the amp it reads zero. I have purchased
new tubes (3-500Z's) and I still have the problem. I then tried to
calibrate the grid meter using the procedure in the Drake manual with
no luck. I'm thinking it's a meter problem.
Please help.

73,
Kevin
w2fa