Re: [Amps] MFJ tuner and SB-200 for input matching

To: km1h@jeremy.mv.com, wz9l@sbcglobal.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] MFJ tuner and SB-200 for input matching
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 13:23:58 EST

In a message dated 11/25/2007 1:16:16 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
km1h@jeremy.mv.com writes:

Hello  all, first time posting but been reading for a while. This is an
>  interesting question. My SB-200 seems to have the input that appears to be

> off. Every time I try to tune, I have to use the radios internal  tuner to
> get an swr that's acceptable to get the drive just to get  500 watts out
> put on the linear.
>   Not to hijack  the thread, but is there a way to check the inputs on the
> SB-200 with  a MFJ tuner or Autek VA1 vector analyst.
>  Thanks Tom  WZ9L

I'll bet you are using an ICOM radio, there radios have a much too  sensitive
SWR foldback circuit.  I have owned almost a hundred SB-200's and  never had
such problem using Yeasu radios driving them.   Lou