Re: [Amps] Tranformer Suppliers

To: Steve Cook <sccook1@cox.net>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tranformer Suppliers
From: Jeffrey Okamitsu <jokamitsu@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 17:30:28 -0800 (PST)
A high quality precision wound HV transformer is not
easy to manufacture.  Our supplier uses a winding
machine that we had custom made by a machine tool
manufacturer in Italy at a cost of close to $350K.
The cores of the transformers are our designs with
precision machined laminations.  The impregnation
process for the coil uses a custom made vacuum
impregnation process.

Hence, although one could get away with low cost
components for a low precision (low efficiency)
transformer...if you want performance, you have to
source a transformer from someone with the ability to
manufacture it.

73, Jeff W3KL