[Amps] PWD transformers

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] PWD transformers
From: "John Lyles" <jtml@losalamos.com>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2007 21:55:57 -0700
I just got a N.O.S. Weston meter from Peter Dahl Company's stock, as they carry
not only iron but rectifiers, capacitors, meters, etc. Sorry to see Peter got
afflicted with Parkinsons, wishing him prayers and the best of modern medical
science to work through that.

There are numerous companies that still make custom transformers that could
probably do HV iron or high current as you need. Some that I have dealt with in
the past (at work) are NWL transformers in NJ, Basler Electric in East St.
Louis, American Magnetics in Carterville, IL, SNC in Oshkosh, WI, Stangenees in
CA, and so on. These are all reputable companies that have made commerical
transformers for broadcast and scientific apparatus, and may still do an odd
job or two for special order, using a credit card. However, pricing is expected
to be higher, or comparable with PWD's.

John
K5PRO