Re: [Amps] HV Supplies and Diodes

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV Supplies and Diodes
From: Dennis W0JX <w0jx@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 10:34:27 -0800 (PST)
I agree that the parallel, voltage equalizing resistors are unnecessart
however, I am not so sure about the bypass capacitors (usually .01).

  Some believe that the capacitors are necessary to supress the switching noise
that might be imposed on a transmitter's sidebands. Even the MFJ amps have
these bypass caps across the diodes. I think that if the capacitors were really
unnecessary, that Ameritron/MFJ would save a few bucks by eliminating them.

  Can we get a definitive opinion on this? Of course, it would appear that the
diode bypass capacitors can't really hurt--or can they?

  73, Dennis W0JX/8