[Amps] Arcing noise in Yaesu amp

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Arcing noise in Yaesu amp
From: José Arturo Molina <joseart@navegante.com.sv>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 22:51:46 -0600
Hi, I have a Yaesu FL-2100B as my standby linear and I just installed it
because my 30L-1 decided to stay in the transmit mode permanently
(another repair project for later). The amp uses two 572B tubes.

The Yaesu loads very well but sometimes there is a noise like arcing,
and I haven't been able to pinpoint the origin. Could it be possible to
be coming from inside one of the tubes? I haven's seen  any traces of
arcing when I have opened the amp for cleaning.

If anyone out there has had this same problem, any help will be
appreciated.

73,

Jose Molina, YS1MS