Re: [Amps] ALS-600... problems???

To: "schuetzen" <chasm@texas.net>, "Amps Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] ALS-600... problems???
From: "W7RY" <w7ry@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 14:53:38 -0800
Say again?

60 meters is limited to 50 watts ERP.

73
Jim W7RY

----- Original Message -----
From: schuetzen
To: Amps Amps
Sent: Saturday, January 26, 2008 2:30 PM
Subject: [Amps] ALS-600... problems???

Given the fact that Ameritron is bringing on line their new version of
the ALS-600 with the new front panel with auto bandswitching
capabilities with the ARI-500  and in a month or so, a KIT to convert
the old machines to this same capability to include a new front panel,

What is wrong with the ALS-600??  Why should i not buy one?  I think
that it would be pretty good for MARS bands like the long frequencies
which we are finding after about midnight Zulu, and the 60 meters after
about noon... bands which my wonderful SB220 absolutely hates!

Just thought i would ask what problems should i look for in any 600
which i might buy????

thanks
chas
k5dam