Re: [Amps] Broadband transformers, and ferrite plate chokes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Broadband transformers, and ferrite plate chokes
From: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 03:43:46 +0100
Those mentioned R&S transmitting  chokes (90µH) use 25 windings on a 2 1/4"
ceramic former containing a 1.5" diameter ferrit rod 3.5" long. The wire is
#18 spacewound at 5 tpi.
Original use in 1-30MHz amps running at 3KV anode voltage, 1.3A at full
output.
Two chokes are used at right angles and one is switched out above 10MHz.
The remaining one is tapped then at 60µH as well.

I am going to use the same pair of chokes for a 2x8877 project I am busy
with.

73
Peter