Re: [Amps] What is this amp set up for

To: jeremy-ca <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, "Roger (K8RI)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] What is this amp set up for
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 11:59:23 -0400
I have gotten several 200 MHz power pulsed amplifiers from University
surplus sales.
These were used in MRI systems. One interesting one had a version of the
8877 with out
fins clamped in a 1/4 wave cavity. It had a solid state driver amplifier
that was also pulse rated.
I think a hint may be the spec.  of 200 MHz plus or minus a few MHz and a
2kW pulse rating for
power.  Pulse operation is usually not used in amateur work due to the wide
band width.

73
Bill wa4lav