Re: [Amps] SB220 "A" mods

To: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@telia.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB220 "A" mods
From: Pat Barthelow <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 10:51:15 -0700
Jan and Group,

I think you are all in agreement actually...  Jim's operative word there, is
"System"
Speakers when used, are assumed to be connected to active electronics, which
invariably include diode junctions, and are connected to long conductors which
are very good antennas, that conduct RF
into active electronics, sooner or later, and various forms of rectification
and amplification take place, resulting often in
the speaker, which in and of itself may not have rectification capability,
responding with sound, to strong RF fields.
Often in the US, you can buy a pair of  computer speakers with active, powered
amplifiers inside for under $15 US.
At that retail cost, they can hardly be expected to incorporate good
engineering so as to resist strong RF fields.

All the best,
Pat Barthelow    (916) 315-9271
aa6eg@hotmail.com
http://www.jamesburgdish.org