[Amps] EMI Filtering

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] EMI Filtering
From: "Steve Flood" <kk7uv@bresnan.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 05:58:32 -0600
I don't see them used in amp supplies - at least in the various commercial or
'handbook' designs I've come across - but are they considered a good idea or
quite needless?

Followup - when I rewire my shack next month for 230v, I am bringing in a
10awg, 4 wire cable (black-black-white-bare) from the service panel to a NEMA
14-30 wall socket.  (My power supply will have a 120 circuit in it as well, so
I followed the advice of a previous AMPS topic.)  The 230v EMI filters I looked
at (Qualtek) only have two connectors on the 'load' side.  What happens to the
neutral lead? Does it just 'go past' the EMI filter?

Tnx,
Steve KK7UV