Re: [Amps] Relays

To: Vic K2VCO <vic@rakefet.com>, Paul Christensen <w9ac@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Relays
From: Pat Barthelow <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 12:01:37 -0700

I once used some solder wick lengths as  a flexible RF conductor at various
places in an HF amp, that needed a small amount of movement flexibility.
Seemed to work OK,  Incredibly fine, woven copper conductors.  You have to be
skillful to solder short lengths, and also prevent the Wicking from defeating
the flexibility goals.    I wonder though, with the saturated nature of the
woven copper and
solder flux, that it may be lossy, and heat, a lot,  with QRO.   Any thoughts?

All the best,
Pat Barthelow    (916) 315-9271
aa6eg@hotmail.com
http://www.jamesburgdish.org